Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment

Having trouble finding some PMD seats? That darn Turbo Boost button eluding you? Post a want ad here!
Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Hello,

I have been collecting the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment series of cars. Not all of them, just the ones I am interested in. I have so far:

(2) Knight Rider - K.I.T.T. (one to remain in package and one for display)
(1) Ghostbusters - Ecto 1
(2) Knight Rider - K.A.R.R. (one to remain in package and one for display)
(1) A-Team - Custom GMC Panel Van
(1) Batman - `66 Batmobile
(1) Back to the Future - BTTF Time Machine
(1) A-Team - 80´s Corvette
(2) Knight Rider - K.I.T.T. Super Pursuit Mode - Both Damaged (one to remain in package and one for display)

Because of where I live, these are extremely hard to find, almost impossible, in stores. Most of them I have had to buy online with the exception of my K.I.T.T.s. This leaves me with taking my chances that the piece I get is going to be in good shape. Hot Wheels quality control is not the highest on these. :? At least when you can find them in person you have a chance to be picky. Both of the SPM KITTs that I ordered online was damaged. The front fender extensions had rubbed very hard against the plastic to the point it rubbed the paint off of them. If I am planning to leave one in package, I always find two before I decide which one to open. I picked the one that looked to be in the best shape and opened it. I could not believe it. The actual dash is not even in place and is sitting in the middle of the car. There is no way for me to put in back in place without drilling out the rivets. I am not impressed.

What I am hoping is that someone will be willing to check their local stores and see if you are able to find any of the cars on my list below. I plan to keep updating this as new ones come out. I will cover the cost of the item and pay for shipping. Thanks in advance! :D

Here is what I am looking for:

"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Re: Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment

Postby IndianaKnight » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:20 am

Its the same here in central Indiana. I cover a considerable amount of ground for work and I always stop in Wal-mart or Toys-r-Us and look for them. It's even hard to find a complete list of them online. For instance, I didn't even realize there was a BTTF Toyota until I saw it in your post. I have all of the same cars that you list in my collection, and I usually buy 2 for the exact same reason.

I've taken to buying them on Ebay as well. I had to buy 2 SPM KITT's on Ebay, but I found KITT and KARR locally last year. I found the Simon and Simon Power wagon a couple weeks ago, but I had to pick up the red Camaro on Ebay.

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:11 am

I found this site online. It seems to be the most complete listing of them available.

http://www.hotwheelsbr.com/Retro/Retro.htm
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby IndianaKnight » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:59 pm

Good find. That is the most comprehensive list I've seen. Its good to see there are still plenty of 2015 cars to be released too.

Return to “Wanted”