Tutorial Intro - setting up a CO2 sprayer system

Receive step by step assistance on completing various parts of your replica by following the guides here!

Tutorial Intro - setting up a CO2 sprayer system

Postby NotchbackKITT » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 am

Hey gang - one of the most frustrating aspects about this hobby for me is why so few owners are willing to share the details behind some of their 'cooler' KITT gadgets. We've all seen the end results before - the oil slick, the wireless touch device setup that controls everything in the car, the upper console buttons that start the car or move the windows, etc. But never do we really get a chance to see HOW these things have come together. And when asked for advice on how something was accomplished, some hobbyists for one reason or another just don't tell you. Today I'm hoping to break through this barrier and start a new trend.

My KITT has many of those cooler features installed...including some things that aren't very common. In the case of this post, I have a CO2 sprayer system that shoots a cloud of CO2 gas out the front of KITT, just like he did in the show. Given the lack of knowledge about gas systems and the lack of information available online, this was very difficult for me to figure out. But I did it...and my hope is by sharing a basic tutorial as to how I set this up, others will be able to create the same effects with their own replicas.

This is hopefully just one of many vids to come folks. I've got several more vids I could take if there is genuine interest. But more importantly, I hope my vid inspires others to do this same with their own replicas. Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/D5lHTnuxy3k
Last edited by NotchbackKITT on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Owner of the world's only Notchback hatch KITT replica (I think). :)

Re: Tutorial Intro - setting up a CO2 sprayer system

Postby scatpack » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I hope to see more videos like this.

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm

As do I. Thanks for sharing!
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:58 am

Cool!

I noticed the Alston sub frame connectors below too :)

If you added Red LED's for nightime display, they would light the mist & you would scare
some people :)

Rafael

Postby NotchbackKITT » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks guys. Hope it helps future conversionists one day!
Owner of the world's only Notchback hatch KITT replica (I think). :)

Top Contributor

Postby ripperace » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:26 am

Great tutorial! Keep them coming people!

Ripper

Return to “Tutorials”