[1:18] ERTL + AOSHIMA 1/24 Scanner Mod

Receive step by step assistance on completing various parts of your replica by following the guides here!

[1:18] ERTL + AOSHIMA 1/24 Scanner Mod

Postby DaRKSLaiN » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi! Time ago i was working on the ERTL KITT's scanner which was particulary for my taste a complete bad joke in order to the general quality of the model itself.

So! i get this scanner in the website http://www.PLAMOYA.com and i've got to do some major modifications to fit in the car, but once done with a Dremel 500 it was a piece of cake ;)

I'll tell you how i've done it :)

Let's get started!

Fist admirate your brand new car and think you're going to destroy it hahahaha :lol: You can see the stock scanner once unpacked.

Cut with extreme careful the board to get fitted onto the metal chassis of the car.

You'll have to attach it with Epoxy to hold it tight :) Once it's full solid like a rock take a red filter to put on the front's scanner like this:

...And now the most disgusting part... as for fitting the scanner you will need to remove some parts on the engine to make room and enable the switch on or off. the easy thing it's that you'll have access easily to the batteries to replace them when you want and the engine it's not needed to be removed in his totality. I removed the following: Fans, alternator, belts and radiator, i think it will be more than enough to make room to the scanner.

Once this is done, you're done!! :) Get on the underside of the car and start flipping out!! :)

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7nipS_86sQ

Hope you like it! ;)

Re: [1:18] ERTL + AOSHIMA 1/24 Scanner Mod

Postby Phoenix Knight » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 am

That's friggin' cool!

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Re: [1:18] ERTL + AOSHIMA 1/24 Scanner Mod

Postby ripperace » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Thats a helluva lot better looking than the Joyride scanner that came on the car. Nice job!

Return to “Tutorials”