RenewProtect-Trim, Tires, Rubber, Vinyl, Leather, Plastic...

Receive step by step assistance on completing various parts of your replica by following the guides here!
Top Contributor
Donator: Yes

RenewProtect-Trim, Tires, Rubber, Vinyl, Leather, Plastic...

Postby Rafael » Sat May 16, 2015 3:13 pm

http://renewprotect.com/

Website is not the most impressive, but product is amazing... (usually people have amazing websites and crappy products)...

Searching and tried TONS of products to keep Trim, Tires, Rubber, Plastic, Vinyl, Leather, etc... looking great & keep looking great for a long time....

Just about everything I tried look great for a short while, but eventually washed off... some left films that attracted more dirt and others you read later are actually bad for the material itself!

I came across this stuff online... the few reviews / videos I saw were all good... but a bit pricey...

I ordered the shop pack... 3 12oz. bottles for about $80...
They do sell a 3 pack of 8oz bottles for about $55...

It goes a long way... This August will be 2 years I've had it. I've taken care of all my cars, wife's cars, loaned it to at least 3 friends and their cars... My 12 oz bottles are not even half empty. The consistency of it is almost like water. There is a Black, which can be used on trim that color to replenish / equal out the sun faded / worn out black stuff. The other 2 bottles, Satin and Gloss, leave that finish on the product. You should use them on top of Black, but Satin and Gloss can be used on any color / cleaned stuff.

No silicone, wax, oil, etc... Besides lasting a long time, it is dry to the touch. Safe for seats, pedals, etc... Not slippery. 10 minutes between coats.

For the stuff below, I cleaned, 2 coats of black, then 2 coats of Gloss.

Here are some TPI Air Duct arts I recently bought. 1 hard plastic, the other soft rubber.

1st. Pic, as shipped to me / dirty...

2nd pic. After cleaning with Simple Green & Meguairs Multi Purpose... Better, but notice still inconsistencies in plastic.

3rd pic. A side view of duct, now you can REALLY see the inconsistencies...

4th pic. 2 coats of black.

5th pic. Side view, 2 coats black, much less inconsistencies.

6th pic. Rubber boot, 2 coats black... It already looks NOS.

7th Pic. Both pieces with 2 coats of Gloss on top of the 2 Black...

8th pic. Side view of plastic duct with 2 coats Gloss over 2 Black.

9th Pic. Both items in sunlight after 2 Black and 2 Gloss coats.

The rubber boot could pass for NOS. The duct, while still very good, does have a few inconsistencies due to minor scratches. If you look on the top / right side, you see a horizontal line & a round spot that is slightly noticeable. Certain angles in the light catch it more than others. But booth are dry, non slippery to the touch.... And will stay looking that way a long time...I have stuff I did almost 2 years ago that lives outside and still looks great...

A bit pricey, but nothing works like it or last as long....

The top of your inner doors, This will make it look new... & pretty much anything else you decide to put it on...

Rafael

Top Contributor

Re: RenewProtect-Trim, Tires, Rubber, Vinyl, Leather, Plasti

Postby Pac-Man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:04 am

That looks awesome Rafael! Thanks for sharing! I will have to pick up some of this stuff.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Re: RenewProtect-Trim, Tires, Rubber, Vinyl, Leather, Plasti

Postby Rafael » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:08 am

They do have a smaller 8 oz. and it goes a long way... but if you can afford it and have a lot of stuff to do, get the bigger 12 oz set...

Return to “Tutorials”