Car/Replica of the Month

Have a suggestion to improve the forum? Post them here!

Should the Revolution implement a Replica of the Month?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Car/Replica of the Month

Postby jasper1978 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 pm

would be cool, to have a car of the month contest, where a "theme" is chosen, and people can upload pictures of theyre cars and others can vote.
the winner gets eternal glory and perhaps allowed to choose the next theme....
what do you guys think?? not sure if the board admins can facilitate this....
Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Put the suggestion to a vote.

Re: car of the month

Postby Greekknight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Very nice idea!

Postby Derekw76 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:21 pm

THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

My opoinion....... I dont think you really even need a theme, but just maybe entries to be selected for car of the month or more so picked on a randome sorta level.

I think this way everyone, no matter what stage of conversion the car is in it still has the oportunity to be car of the month .
I think some of the beginers should be allowed to share the privledge and it would allow for the car of the month to sometimes be a great Completed Replica and sometimes a newly aquired rough looking donar car showing the first changes of transformation.

Image how inspiring it would be for a newbie to be selected for car of the month after his first few chages to his car moving towards a KITT or KARR. Could be very motivational.

Car of the month would be cool to have listed atop the general thread list. Each month showing the newly selected car for the entire month when clicking the thread.

I hope this comes about !!!!!!!!! I personally would check in Fist thing every month to see whos car is car of the month and to participate in the thread and check out said winners progress.

Would be great to look foward each month .

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

I think this is a cool idea as well. I think just featuring one member's car (chosen at random) a month would be a great way to do it. If nothing else it would get everyone talking about their replicas.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:55 am

We would like to revisit this idea. Let's brain storm how we can facilitate this and what the requirements should be. Please add your ideas to this thread. We will also put it to a vote and let it run through February. It will simply be a Yes or No vote.

Re: Car/Replica of the Month

Postby pathology knight » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm

i think this is a neat idea to showcase a members car (in any stage of conversion). We don't have hundreds and hundreds to choose from, so i don't know what's the best way to pick one.

Postby customkitt » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:32 pm

I will just say it like it is. I think it is a good idea as long as noone gets butt hurt over it.
KNIGHTDESIGNS.COM. A revolution of Accuracy, Quality, Integrity, and Honesty

Top Contributor

Postby kitt23 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:20 pm

i think its only right that Marc Browns car should be the very 1st one. it is the nicest one out there by far lol
R.I.P Dad 12/8/09

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:30 am

I 2nd that, Marc Brown's Kitt is top notch... Not just the outside, but under the hood, many custom parts, it looks like a concept car.... Hell, I'de give him 2 months or a quarter year :)

Rafael

Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Well, the results are in and it looks like we have a green light for a Replica of the Month award. However, we have decided to feature a replica once every quarter instead of once a month. This will allow for a nomination month, a month to vote, and a month for the chosen replica owner to answer and prepare their entry. Then the process will start again. Our first entry for 2015 would be for Q3. That means the nominations will start in April and voting will be in May.
The quarters will be broken down as follows:

(Q1) January, February and March
(Q2) April, May and June
(Q3) July, August and September
(Q4) October, November and December

More details to follow.

Admin

Return to “Board Suggestions”