[Implemented] pic posting sticky?

Have a suggestion to improve the forum? Post them here!

[Implemented] pic posting sticky?

Postby pathology knight » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

i see this question come up with noobs and thought a little write up on how to post pics (as a sticky?) would be nice. Using screen shots, you can describe what is needed and discuss the appropriate sizes and etc.

I know you need a photobucket account, but other than that, i don't even know what to do.

This way people can post pics or vids and not links or accidently post a huge photo or something.

....just a thought...

Re: pic posting sticky?

Postby luvKITT » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

I use pics from what I have posted on facebook. You just bring the photo up and right click on it then click on copy image URL, highlight the link and click on the Img button at the top of the post.
Julie

Postby pathology knight » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 pm

it's like you're trying to speak to me!!!

Postby luvKITT » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 pm

pathology knight wrote:it's like you're trying to speak to me!!!

LOL...sounds like a line from Finding Nemo.

You have albums on facebook, you click on the album you have the photo in. You click on the photo then you click on the right mouse button. A list will come up and one of the options is copy image URL and you click on that option. Come back to your thread and right click again a list will come up and you click on Paste. It would look something like this:

http:// sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/389778_10151253979886565_663283624_n.jpg

You highlight that and the way I do it is click on that link 3 times fast with your mouse. After it is highlighted you click on "URL" at the top of your post, it is in read next to the drop down menu that says "Normal". After you do that it is ready to be posted and will be seen on the message board.

Was that alittle better? lol
Julie

Postby pathology knight » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:09 am

correct on the movie! :lol:

well....after fighting it over and over and with no luck searching for answers (sorry julie, your directions didn't work for me. I'm not on FB) i think i finally was able to figure it out.

Postby luvKITT » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah well it won't work if you don't have a facebook account...hehe. I was just giving a suggestion for those who had a FB account. Photobucket is another easy way to post photos.
Julie

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I will try to work on a tutorial for posting a picture and include screenshots. :)
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Here is a quick tutorial on how to include pictures in your posts. For the purpose of this post I am going to be using Google’s Picasa Web Albums, because it is what I use and am familiar with and because it is free. There are many other services like this, Photobucket to name one, however since so many people already have a Google account and as a result a free Picasa account it makes it a snap!

The most important thing to remember about posting images is that the images must already be available on the Internet. Which means that you cannot post a picture that is stored on your computer unless you first upload it to an online source. This is where Picasa Web Albums comes in.

So let’s visit Picasa Web Albums and sign in with your Goolge account (if you have a Gmail address this is also your Google account). If you do not have a Google account you can sign up for one using the [SIGN UP] button in the top right corner.

Okay, now that we are signed in you should see a button that says “Upload” and has an arrow pointing upwards. If you click on this you can upload a picture stored on your computer to Picasa Web Albums account.

Once you click the Upload button you are given the option to give the album a name. I would name it “Post Pictures” for simplicity sake. After naming the album you can click on the button that says “Select photos from your computer” and select the pictures you would like to post. You can select one or a group of pictures.

The photos will upload and then you have to click the OK button.

You will be taken to the album that you just created. Now for the easy part, click on the photo you wish to post and you will be taken to a larger version of it.

Now, simply right click on it and copy the image URL. Now you are ready to post it.

To display an image in your post you must surround the URL pointing to the image with [img]and[/img] tags. You can either type these in yourself or use the "Img" button in the toolbar above the compose area of the post. Notice the example when you hover over that button.

Then you just paste the URL between the [img]and[/img] tags.

Here is the result:

Repeat this process for additional pictures.

ATTN Admin: This post can be moved into the appropriate section if you feel it will be of use to people.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 am

Can we get the tutorial moved in to the tutorials section? I think it might be easier to find for most. Thanks!

Postby pathology knight » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

great write up, but i don't have a google account. :cry:

Return to “Board Suggestions”