Time for a long overdue update. So, I decided to install my a/c delete box a couple months ago while the engine was down with 6 destroyed lifters. This is a fiberglass box that I really liked the shape and style of.
A/C box and components removed:
Test fitting the new box:
Cutting out for the blower resistor and blower motor hose:
It took me a bit to find something suitable to bond to the fiberglass to accept the blower motor hose since the box didn't come with anything. After some looking around, I re-purposed one of my air cleaner vent tubes that I was no longer using since my valve covers don't have holes in them. I sawed off a section and bonded it to the fiberglass, sealing it from the inside to prevent air leaks.
Prepped and painted, ready for install:
Installed and I re-routed the large harness under the box, relocated the relay on the side of the passenger fender under the hood hinge and tidied up all the wiring:
I had this bolt hole left over from the a/c box, so I got a little creative with one my knight head pins from Nick Nugent and bonded it over the bolt hole to give the engine bay a small touch of Knight Rider.
The nice thing about this box is that it allowed me to use my existing a/c blower motor/fan & wiring. Pretty easy project really! I've got to do some touch up on my engine bay paint as it has suffered over the years.
Next big project will be the ZA electronics in October!