blueshield6630's KITT Project (not even close to a replica)

A place to share updates and photos of your replica builds!

Re: blueshield6630's KITT Project (not even close to a repli

Postby crow23462 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 am

I'm with path ... There is a guy selling a new passions nose right now over there

And sorry rip your help here is great !
My greatest gift is my kids ! thanks to them I get to play with toys !

Postby blueshield6630 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

I only paid $500 for the bumper, plus traded some parts worth $100 so I cant beat the price and dont mind doing some some modification. This is the pilot nose Rob built with Sheffe, it was made to look like the one on the show (Which had the sag, similat to Passions season 2 nose). I just dont want the sag. I am looking into getting some signal cover lexan from Charodon plastics when i order my blackout. I am going to have to make templates for the covers and cut them out myself. I am thinking of trying to make a bridge of sorts to go accross the top of the signal area by the hood. If that attempt does not work out I will then do the fiberglass build up.

I do appreciate the time tanken ot to help me out.

Postby pathology knight » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 am

i know they made the nose to replica the sag. sorry if it seemed like i was implying that the nose was "wrong".

i'm not a fan of the sag look either and honestly it was only like that on the show because of quick production time and inferior building. at least that's my understanding. i have a real hard time believing they purposely did that....

anywho....

even at that price, you could sell it for what you have into it, or even make a little profit. i'm sure there are "100%ers" that would want that sag. a little modification is one thing, but if you're wanting to do what i think you want to do, i would seriously think about your path forward.

if cost is a concern, joe kidd in canada does a nice nose with the blackouts for $750. you might even look at jay orhberg (spelling?). i understand it's tough to put down $1000+ on a bumper, but there are other alternatives. you might even be able to find a used one (like the passion one mentioned earlier) or maybe even a direct trade.

...just a thought...

Postby blueshield6630 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:19 am

I emailed Jay Ohrberg and he only makes the 4th season bumper. I was on the list for Wraith, but we all know what happened there. I will see how it looks when I make the turn signal blackouts. I may leave it as is and weigh out my options before modifications are made.

Postby blueshield6630 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 am

I ordered my scanner and blackouts this week :mrgreen:

Postby blueshield6630 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Gave KITT his spring bath today... :lol:

IMG]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/blueshield6630/82%20Trans%20Am/2013-03-29182809_zpsa8267ebc.jpg[/IMG]

:mrgreen:

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 am

Looking good. The salt they use on the roads up north just kills these cars. I am glad to see you were able to save this one! Keep up the great work!
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby ripperace » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:06 pm

The salt is a killer of third gens. Ohio, being in what is so lovingly referred to as the "Rust Belt", is a killer on most vehicles. You might as well drive through the ocean! LOL! The thing with these cars is that they rot more so underneath than they do on fenders and quarter panels. Gotta love Ohio! I knew I should have moved south when I had the chance! LOL!

Ripper

Postby Shipwreck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 pm

ripperace wrote:The salt is a killer of third gens. Ohio, being in what is so lovingly referred to as the "Rust Belt", is a killer on most vehicles. You might as well drive through the ocean! LOL! The thing with these cars is that they rot more so underneath than they do on fenders and quarter panels. Gotta love Ohio! I knew I should have moved south when I had the chance! LOL!

Ripper

I hear if you head down now.. you might run into some birds headed north. meaning more free and clear air down here! Run Ripper, Run!

Postby blueshield6630 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes for sure. I lucked out and found an entire front clip and teo solid doors on cl. If I could start over I would definately look for a rust free bird. But this is gonna have to do for now.

Return to “Replica Progress Updates”