WS6AIR Replica

A place to share updates and photos of your replica builds!

WS6AIR Replica

Postby Ws6air » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Finally getting somewhere on this thing this year! I got all of the pieces for front of nose and scanner covers done!!!! This is actually a lot going on on the front nose wise, first, I'm going to back up a bit....... I had to make a scanner cover (didn't have to , just thought it look cool and cover wires) , so I fabbed up some covers from glass......

After making those, I had to cut headlight bezels to fit nose as the new Knight Rider nose hits the plexis on Knight Rider nose..... so the bezel has to be cut and painted... before and after shots

After making the cover and correcting bezels for Knight Rider. I had to bring the scanner up as the LEDs were low in the scanner area, as my scanner is very small like original. I measured AJs original( original show car) in this area and believe me , it's small!!!! So I thought , why couldn't I just put my own top blade of scanner onto cover? So I did using the Cowl induction metal pieces. They fit perfectly and make the area look very industrial.

Now for the turn signals. I mounted those on opposite sides so I could mount them to the scanner covers with screws, and yes they work!!! smoothed them out and bam, there it is... backwards though..... This is about is, but it actually is a lot going on .... Hope this explains this picture of the scanner a bit more...hah!!! Also Joe Huth helped , scanner area is all blk, so I painted the scanner bar blk.... Definitely helps

I had some guys wondering about my scanner cover, so there you go...the story of them, not hard to do, just time.... why a vendor hasn't done these yet, not a clue.....

Marc

Re: WS6AIR Replica

Postby Ws6air » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm

So basically , after paint, etc.... here it is.... a lot of fab work, but cool looking I think.... This will be all my pics for awhile....thanks for looking

Marc

Image[/URL]

Postby Ws6air » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Next goal is these parts, after carpet goes in.... now where'd I put that stuff?

Postby Paquito Custom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 am

It is possibly one of the world's best KITTs !!!
Congratulations friend !!!
Your work is an inspiration to people.
A master work!

Paquito
Paquito Custom Garage
Customizer of Replicas - TV FILMS EVENTS
@originalkitt / paquitocustom@gmail.com

Postby miamivice » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Looks great Marc!

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby ripperace » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Awesome Marc! Love the front end of your KITT!

Postby Ws6air » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks guys..... Just got my caps and wheels on.... Want to say thanks to a couple of guys too.... TurboCast KING , "David Sanchez" , for the wheels and caps. These wheels were off a very, VERY , low mileage car and were absolutely flawless.... plus the OEM caps he found for me , were just beautiful!!!! Thanks again David!!!!

Another guy in the hobby, Alex Wong, which has done a lot for the hobby as in , his car is probably the closest replica to being a screen accurate car, as it's been in : Hoff Roast, GE commercial, Hot Wheels , etc.... too long a list.... Definitely want to say thanks to him for helping me along the way , he knows his Knight Rider stuff for sure!!! Thanks Alex!!!!

Here's some pics (not great but , looks definitely more like KITT now, amazing what wheels do!). Two things left now... door strip molding and inner fender plastics, and outside transformation is complete.... Thanks guys!!!! Again, shots are terrible, waiting to take outside, it's raining today!!! ugh

Postby DaRKSLaiN » Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 am

The only thing i can say it's ... iit's him!! :D You've got it, Marc. The perfect early nose look :-D

Postby Ws6air » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Haven't posted in awhile... been very busy.... Here's some stuff I've been working on..... Not perfect by no means, and flaws here there that happen over a 5 year period of a completed dash sitting .... Hah... anyway...Surprised it all worked still... hah!!!! Enjoy

Postby Ws6air » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Did first show.... Although not done yet, I owe it to my painter who painted/buffed it.... mirror!!! Thanks Scott Winfield!!!! I might have done bodywork , but he laid it down!!! My upper console, carpet and dash were in , and outside totally, TOTALLY finished . Easy stuff now!!!

Return to “Replica Progress Updates”