89 GTA KITT

A place to share updates and photos of your replica builds!

89 GTA KITT

Postby pathology knight » Mon May 04, 2015 3:32 pm

somewhere on here i thought i had a bunch of photos of my car. not sure where they went....

anywho, just wanted to give a little update. I bought a new lower console from Giuseppe (knight rider world) in Italy. He's a great guy and the console is nice. I got it in less than 2 weeks.

I ordered his lower console that allows the use of the ebrake. My current console doesn't have the "arm" that goes up and attached to the underside of the dash. I ordered it that way because i didn't want to lose the use of the ebrake. While this is fine when the car is sitting, the dash moves and bounces a little when i'm driving (even with the extra support that underneath it). It's not real bad, but i would like it to be supported. When i saw this available and that others had purchased from him, i decided to give it a try.

The console is pretty thick and seems durable. He also has an overlay for it too, which i ordered, but because of a miscommunication, didn't arrive. Everything go worked out and it's on it's way. Using the overlay, you can mount your buttons to it and then install everything into the console.

Here's a pic (hopefully). I'll keep everyone posted on the progress of this new project.

Re: 89 GTA KITT

Postby pathology knight » Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm

OK, good. that picture worked. Here's a few more.

Here's the underside:

For an Out of the Mold piece, it's pretty good. There's a few areas of pitting, but nothing big. It'll need a little filler (very little), sanding, and a nice coat of paint. should look great when it's all installed.

Stay tuned.....

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:16 am

That support really will make a difference. It is amazing how just a little arm like that can provide so much stability. Looks like you found just what you needed! Thanks for the pictures!
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby pathology knight » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 pm

it doesn't fit the way it should, but i'll do my best to make it work.

Return to “Replica Progress Updates”