Rare Knight Rider Photos...

A place to ask questions specifically about the original props used in the series, or to post promo/behind the scenes photos.
Top Contributor
Donator: Yes

Rare Knight Rider Photos...

Postby Rafael » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Otay...
Tons of KR pics online... but which ones do you have that you haven't seen?
Here are a few...

This was from some teen magazine in the 80's (uh, I was a teen!) and check out the Kitt car... It looks smaller than the actual Kenner car... seems to have something under the front nose / wheels.... no t top bars and a dull finish... and tinted windows (which Kenner did not have)....

David "talking" with Danny Sullivan, a famous race car diver in the 80's....
I think this was more a publicity shot, because as they said, David learned quick and did much of his own driving after 6 months or so...

The puffy stickers... I had another different set, a helicopter chasing Kitt, etc... the Poster (in card form) that I had as a kid (Michael kneeling by Kitt).... A cut out of the Kenner Kitt car, notice, same stuff under the front wheels... and the nose looks much better than the toy I got... it looks to be the same as the one David is holding in the first pic, but different than the final retail model...
And one of the TV Guide spots for KR... I have a bunch, probably not all, but a lot of these...

Alright... show me whutchu got ?!?!?!?

Re: Rare Knight Rider Photos...

Postby firebirdta84 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 am

I've been collecting Knight Rider photos for a LONG time, and I've never seen that awesome Danny Sullivan shot! Do you know what magazine that originated from? I must buy it!

Joe

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 am

No, I don't recall... sometime in the early to mid 80's...

Top Contributor

Postby ripperace » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 am

I have a set of the puffy stickers as shown. I had lots of Knight Rider stuff when I was a kid. The voice car got played with and ultimately tossed when I "turbo boosted" it out a second story window when it quit talking. Up until that time it saton a shelf with my model cars. I'll have to dig and see if I can find my Knight Rider Album book, or my original KITT KIT, which has seen better days. I had that hanging on my wall next to two posters I used to have. What I'd do to have that stuff again......

Ripper

Return to “Original Photos and Props”