Let me Re introduce myself

A place to b*tch and moan about things no one else cares about.
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm
Donator: Yes

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby KRCompanion » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 am

Well, here's how I see it.

As someone who is often the target of jealousy inspired rants and cyber bulling tactics to try and break my spirit or sabotage my enjoyment of this hobby, I can speak from experience on having to deal with individuals who seek to harm your reputation, business, and personal beliefs.

The past is ashes man, you can't change it. All you can do is work on building a brighter future. Everyone makes mistakes and they either choose to own up to them or make up excuses to ignore them. Life is short, what you do with the time you have is really what matters. Some people out there are just proverbial cancer. They don't want to be saved, reasoned with, or bargained with. These parasitic people just enjoy ruining the hopes and dreams of others who are more ambitious than they are. For whatever reason, they will do whatever it takes to rob you of your happiness because they don't have it themselves. They offer nothing but pain, misery, and a destructive desire to feel important. Their ambition is your misery. In my experience, Scott is not one of these people. At one time, he and I were at ends as well.

You can waste your time arguing with these individuals or you can use that energy to make something worthwhile in your life. Every year the circumstances in our lives change and with that perspective, motivation, and intention. Friends can become enemies and enemies can become friends. You give it your best shot to make peace and if that doesn't work, move on to better things.

Decide who your true friends are and embrace the respect and support they give you and ignore the rest of the bottom feeders. Save who you can, what you can, and move forward. "Save the savable" as Billy put it.

Don't let past resentments hold you back from your greatness. It takes a great deal of personal restraint and discipline but if you accept the things you cannot change and focus on what you can, you'll find what really matters and accomplish your own wonders.

-Nick
"One fan can make a difference."
http://www.knightridercompanion.com

Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby Knight NY » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:45 am

Well gentlemen. Throwback day I guess .

Scott

Top Contributor
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio

Donator: Yes

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby ripperace » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 pm

I can't say it any better than Nick just did. There was a lot of tension amongst the ranks back then between people on both sides. Let's move forward instead of drudging up ancient history. It's not doing anyone any damned good. An apology speaks volumes, and forgiveness even more so.

Ripper

Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby Spyhunter2k » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Ummm...so you thought you'd start off here by reigniting a fight from many years ago because your name was referenced once in passing in a thread by Scott 1.5 years back? That's enough "malignment" to be worth dredging this crap up, and ask for an apology for stuff that happened in a different decade? And your main problem with Scott is—wait for it—that he's an oversensitive guy with a victim complex who likes to stir up drama?

Pot, may I introduce Kettle.

Just sayin' Dude...

I'm all for bygones being bygones, but we all know that for some folks stuff is NEVER gonna be settled, and trying to make real peace is just a waste of time. You and Scott will never be buddy buddy friends. But that doesn't mean you both can't both tolerate each other. There's some people on this board that were kicked off other boards for good reason, and that I wish weren't here. But whatever. I just don't read their posts. I'm sure not demanding apologies for obnoxious stuff they did 10 years ago. I've become a bit more realistic in my middle age. The majority of the folks here are good folks who just want to be able to exchange helpful and honest communications on a forum that isn't hopelessly biased and overly-censored to protect the interests of an elite few who can do no wrong. That's good enough for me.

Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby T.L. » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Spyhunter2k wrote:Ummm...so you thought you'd start off here by reigniting a fight from many years ago because your name was referenced once in passing in a thread by Scott 1.5 years back? That's enough "malignment" to be worth dredging this crap up, and ask for an apology for stuff that happened in a different decade? And your main problem with Scott is—wait for it—that he's an oversensitive guy with a victim complex who likes to stir up drama?

Pot, may I introduce Kettle.

Just sayin' Dude...

I'm all for bygones being bygones, but we all know that for some folks stuff is NEVER gonna be settled, and trying to make real peace is just a waste of time. You and Scott will never be buddy buddy friends. But that doesn't mean you both can't both tolerate each other. There's some people on this board that were kicked off other boards for good reason, and that I wish weren't here. But whatever. I just don't read their posts. I'm sure not demanding apologies for obnoxious stuff they did 10 years ago. I've become a bit more realistic in my middle age. The majority of the folks here are good folks who just want to be able to exchange helpful and honest communications on a forum that isn't hopelessly biased and overly-censored to protect the interests of an elite few who can do no wrong. That's good enough for me.


You should at least know what you're talking about before posting such nonsense. I just love it when people like you try to act as if you would have no problem at all with someone lying about you on a world-wide forum, as if you'd be perfectly okay with it and would never say anything in your defense because that would be "childish".

I already explained why I posted on a thread that's over a year-old (perhaps you missed that part).

Bottom line is: You don't know me, and you have no right to tell me how I should feel.
There's no "pot calling the kettle black". I never lied about anyone here or anywhere else.
I have a right to face my accusers, even if it's over a year after the fact, and people have a right to hear BOTH sides of a story.

This guy started this thread to "introduce" himself, but didn't tell the whole story, and even included a few lies. I didn't "reignite" anything. If you don't like what I had to say, or don't like drama in general, you don't have to read it. There are numerous other threads here for you to enjoy.

I clearly stated my terms for "letting bygones be bygones". Those terms are not negotiable, and you are not helping matters by telling me, a complete stranger, how I should feel and that I'm a "pot calling the kettle black". Don't accuse me of stirring something up that I never started in the first damned place. He didn't have to post that bull$#!t here. It was his choice. I can't stir something up that never existed in the first place...

Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby Spyhunter2k » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:04 am

Dude, I'm not telling you anything. Just giving my opinion on a forum where I'm allowed to do just that. You obviously have some offense left over from years ago that you want to hold on to for a while yet, and that's your right and your decision to make. I've obviously wasted my breath in trying to suggest that you take a step back and reanalyze the need to dredge up past actions by others. Have a nice day.

Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby T.L. » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Spyhunter2k wrote:Dude, I'm not telling you anything. Just giving my opinion on a forum where I'm allowed to do just that. You obviously have some offense left over from years ago that you want to hold on to for a while yet, and that's your right and your decision to make. I've obviously wasted my breath in trying to suggest that you take a step back and reanalyze the need to dredge up past actions by others. Have a nice day.


Hey, I have no problem with you voicing your opinion, even if it were one I disagree with.

I just didn't like your "pot calling the kettle black" reference, and acting like I shouldn't say anything because the thread was started over a year ago.

You have every right to say what you think here, just as I do, and I wouldn't want it any other way. That's one of the cool things about this forum in comparison to other forums.

So, no hard feelings. You have a nice day too...

Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby Renrat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:59 pm

:evil:
Last edited by Renrat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby Vampire Knight » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:25 pm

ripperace wrote:We feel this is the BEST site to be involved with. Not only do we have some old timers who are knowledgeable, but we also don't have to worry about being censored or having threads disappear as has been evidenced by both prior sites in the past. As for the Registries, I was under the impression from Kevin that the Registries won't have a forum anymore due to the politics that ultimately did the board in. I could be wrong, but I know what Kevin had wrote a couple years ago.

Ripper


Kevin has nothing to do with the Registries. He somehow forgot Chris still owns the Registries, I know a while back Kevin tried to contact me and I had a voicemail from him and I called back but never got a hold of him. Whatever Registries Kevin wanted to "bring back" isn't the same Registries I ran or Chris owns. Steve and I never censored anything on the Registries that wasn't flat out completely inappropriate and I made it very clear of the reason why the post was deleted; in fact I would replace it with an edited for content, I never even deleted the post. I never ever deleted a thread either, I ran that place pretty much how you guys believe this place is ran, but there was too much history and bad blood in play. The politics never did the board in, it was antiquated software and lack of being able to maintain it (at least on my end). Neil from KRO helped out in at least getting rid of a virus that we had, but we let the hosting lapse and never raised the money to upgrade to the lates VBulletin software. Politics had zero to do with the Registries doing it in....unless you mean that politics affected membership at some point.

Sort of off topic but just wanted to clear that up.

Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Let me Re introduce myself

Postby T.L. » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Vampire Knight wrote:
ripperace wrote:We feel this is the BEST site to be involved with. Not only do we have some old timers who are knowledgeable, but we also don't have to worry about being censored or having threads disappear as has been evidenced by both prior sites in the past. As for the Registries, I was under the impression from Kevin that the Registries won't have a forum anymore due to the politics that ultimately did the board in. I could be wrong, but I know what Kevin had wrote a couple years ago.

Ripper


Kevin has nothing to do with the Registries. He somehow forgot Chris still owns the Registries, I know a while back Kevin tried to contact me and I had a voicemail from him and I called back but never got a hold of him. Whatever Registries Kevin wanted to "bring back" isn't the same Registries I ran or Chris owns. Steve and I never censored anything on the Registries that wasn't flat out completely inappropriate and I made it very clear of the reason why the post was deleted; in fact I would replace it with an edited for content, I never even deleted the post. I never ever deleted a thread either, I ran that place pretty much how you guys believe this place is ran, but there was too much history and bad blood in play. The politics never did the board in, it was antiquated software and lack of being able to maintain it (at least on my end). Neil from KRO helped out in at least getting rid of a virus that we had, but we let the hosting lapse and never raised the money to upgrade to the lates VBulletin software. Politics had zero to do with the Registries doing it in....unless you mean that politics affected membership at some point.

Sort of off topic but just wanted to clear that up.

Gus, I always thought you were the best moderator the 'Registries ever had.


Return to “B*tching & Moaning”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

 

cron