February 2017 Roll Call

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.
Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

February 2017 Roll Call

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 am

There are three goals with these Roll Call threads:

:arrow: To engage as many members as possible and get a feel for how active the board is

Let's create some activity on this board...this place could and should be hopping!

:arrow: To encourage more regular progress posts
Even if you don't have any updates to share....let us know you are alive and well. :) Lurkers, this means you too!

:arrow: To serve as a reminder to update your listing on The Ultimate Knight Rider Map
Remember that you can add pictures, videos, web site links, or just update the text to reflect where you are with your project.

These Roll Calls will always be at the first of the month, but you can check in at any time during the month.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Re: February 2017 Roll Call

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:30 am

I know I have not posted much on here, and it is really just for a lack of news. I have been spending an insane amount of money on my brat, otherwise known as KARR, just so I can have my daily driver back. It's going on 5 months now without him. More on that story to come once I get him back. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. :)
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Postby cjaguar265 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm

my rear end is now getting rebuild

Postby KentuckyKITT » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Present. Getting ready to take on an a/c delete box project on KITT.

Postby IndianaKnight » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:05 pm

I've redone my overhead console with an MP3 board instead of the Jupiter tone generator. Next is replacing the gas tank due to rust and crud. Then I'm pulling the dash to freshen up a couple things and add some sound deadening and a better mount under the TV area. If anyone has any examples of what they did to mount the front edge to the lower console I would love suggestions.

Postby luvKITT » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 pm

My 84 is running now. I did have to change out the power steering pump myself. Its lucky we have youtube because I would have had no clue what I was doing. I will have to wait until my money gets built back up to get the exhaust done right, the shop I had it at made a mess of it so I will take it to a muffler shop to get it done better.

Julie

Postby KentuckyKITT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 am

IndianaKnight wrote:I've redone my overhead console with an MP3 board instead of the Jupiter tone generator. Next is replacing the gas tank due to rust and crud. Then I'm pulling the dash to freshen up a couple things and add some sound deadening and a better mount under the TV area. If anyone has any examples of what they did to mount the front edge to the lower console I would love suggestions.

I haven't gotten to this part in my build thread yet, but here is quick pic of what I did:

The problem I had is that, there's nothing directly above the console perch to attach, so I fashioned 3 L brackets together and attached them to the fiberglass just under the heavy CRTs. There's also a bracket on top of the factory console next to the ash tray door that secures the perch with 2 countersunk allen heads. In that pic, it shows small screws holding the brackets, I've since gone with larger machine screws and nuts so it doesn't work loose like it used to. I'll have more detail on this and a lot more pics once I gather them all up in my build thread. These brackets cannot be seen unless you open the passenger door and lean down and look under. The best part is my dash doesn't move or bounce.

Postby KentuckyKITT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:46 am

luvKITT wrote:My 84 is running now. I did have to change out the power steering pump myself. Its lucky we have youtube because I would have had no clue what I was doing. I will have to wait until my money gets built back up to get the exhaust done right, the shop I had it at made a mess of it so I will take it to a muffler shop to get it done better.

Glad to hear you are making progress on your car!! I've used Youtube many a times to see how something is done on my vehicles!

Postby KittCARR » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Hey guys,

I'm still around as well, just haven't posted in quite some time. My KITT is doing well and all bundled up for the winter. Hope to be around more and more.

Joey.
1982 Trans am. 4th season replica.

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:22 pm

It's great to hear from you Joey! Please do stop around more often...

Return to “General Discussion”