February 2017 Roll Call

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.

Re: February 2017 Roll Call

Postby T.L. » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Still lurking in the shadows.
It's too bad this site doesn't get more traffic...

Postby luvKITT » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm

I agree, too bad it doesn't have more people post. Sometimes I hate facebook.
Julie

Postby IndianaKnight » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:02 am

KentuckyKITT wrote:
IndianaKnight wrote:I've redone my overhead console with an MP3 board instead of the Jupiter tone generator. Next is replacing the gas tank due to rust and crud. Then I'm pulling the dash to freshen up a couple things and add some sound deadening and a better mount under the TV area. If anyone has any examples of what they did to mount the front edge to the lower console I would love suggestions.

I haven't gotten to this part in my build thread yet, but here is quick pic of what I did:

The problem I had is that, there's nothing directly above the console perch to attach, so I fashioned 3 L brackets together and attached them to the fiberglass just under the heavy CRTs. There's also a bracket on top of the factory console next to the ash tray door that secures the perch with 2 countersunk allen heads. In that pic, it shows small screws holding the brackets, I've since gone with larger machine screws and nuts so it doesn't work loose like it used to. I'll have more detail on this and a lot more pics once I gather them all up in my build thread. These brackets cannot be seen unless you open the passenger door and lean down and look under. The best part is my dash doesn't move or bounce.

I did something similar, but it didn't hold up to driving to well. I think it really needs to be braced down to something inside the lower console. Floor, shifter bracket, something.... Thanks for sharing though. Every idea gets us closer to the best solution.

Donator: Yes

Postby Stevie mark » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Stevie Mark checking in with Knight 2015....

Return to “General Discussion”