June 2017 Roll Call

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.
Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

June 2017 Roll Call

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:25 am

There are three goals with these Roll Call threads:

:arrow: To engage as many members as possible and get a feel for how active the board is

Let's create some activity on this board...this place could and should be hopping!

:arrow: To encourage more regular progress posts
Even if you don't have any updates to share....let us know you are alive and well. :) Lurkers, this means you too!

:arrow: To serve as a reminder to update your listing on The Ultimate Knight Rider Map
Remember that you can add pictures, videos, web site links, or just update the text to reflect where you are with your project.

These Roll Calls will always be at the first of the month, but you can check in at any time during the month.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Re: June 2017 Roll Call

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 am

Hey everyone! It's been too long since I posted an update on here...so here goes! I am finally back to working on KITT again. I started by finishing the restoration the taillight harness. It felt good to get that done. I need to tackle the rest of the wiring next. It seems a little daunting, but also exciting. KARR is once again back at the shop. He was due for his 1,000 mile recheck after having the engine and tranny rebuilt. Something is just off with the engine though. It has a really bad vibration and clattering sound (may not be the best description) between 1800 and 2200 RPMs. The shop is tearing into it to see what is going on. Several machinist have listened to it and are baffled because it is just in that range of the power band. More updates to come on that soon.

I have a question for all of you though...

WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!?

You guys haven't all jumped ship for :? Facebook, have you? I hope not. I will admit that I finally created an account on Facebook, but ONLY because some vendors, who shall remained unnamed Billy ;) , decided that they had to only list their items for sale on Facebook. I still find it incredibly unorganized and a poor vehicle for our group. The board has been overhauled with an entirely new feature set which addresses all of the complaints and wishes the users had. Better notifications, easier picture posting, more ways to share on social media, ability to share Facebook posts, an easier donation option, better searching...the list goes on and on. Come on guys give it a spin!

Okay, I have said my piece. Let's face it I just miss you guys. :cry: I hope to hear from more of you soon!
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Postby luvKITT » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 am

I think most people are on the internet on their phones now and the FB app is what they use. Personally I don't use FB much on the phone and don't have the app either I use the firefox browser or get on my laptop. I would go crosseyed if I had to look at the tiny phone all the time. That's probably why message boards don't get hardly used anymore because you have to use a browser on the phone to use them and don't have an app, sad really. I remember when the boards were really active, its just really dropped because of FB and the use of smart phones is my guess.

On another note I haven't done anything with my car, its got all kinds of oil leaks so I had to take a break from it again. I get really frustrated with it and just have to let it sit for a while.
Julie

Postby Vancouver KITT » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Pac-Man wrote: Something is just off with the engine though. It has a really bad vibration and clattering sound (may not be the best description) between 1800 and 2200 RPMs. The shop is tearing into it to see what is going on. Several machinist have listened to it and are baffled because it is just in that range of the power band.

Could be a broken motor mount... That happened to me once and would only show itself at different vibrations.. pop the hood and pull the throttle, if one side of the engine really lifts while revving that would be the sign.

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 pm

luvKITT wrote:I think most people are on the internet on their phones now and the FB app is what they use. Personally I don't use FB much on the phone and don't have the app either I use the firefox browser or get on my laptop. I would go crosseyed if I had to look at the tiny phone all the time. That's probably why message boards don't get hardly used anymore because you have to use a browser on the phone to use them and don't have an app, sad really. I remember when the boards were really active, its just really dropped because of FB and the use of smart phones is my guess.

On another note I haven't done anything with my car, its got all kinds of oil leaks so I had to take a break from it again. I get really frustrated with it and just have to let it sit for a while.

I agree Julie....it's just sad. I am posting this from my smartphone​ and the new interface works beautifully on a phone screen. Let's just do what we can to ask around and get people back on the board.

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Vancouver KITT wrote:
Pac-Man wrote: Something is just off with the engine though. It has a really bad vibration and clattering sound (may not be the best description) between 1800 and 2200 RPMs. The shop is tearing into it to see what is going on. Several machinist have listened to it and are baffled because it is just in that range of the power band.

Could be a broken motor mount... That happened to me once and would only show itself at different vibrations.. pop the hood and pull the throttle, if one side of the engine really lifts while revving that would be the sign.

It isn't a motor mount. Besides being all new, they were all checked right away because that is what I thought too. Thanks for the idea! I will be sure to let you know ow what it is.

Postby Vancouver KITT » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Good luck buddy!

Postby KentuckyKITT » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey, I'm here. Been super busy with work. Thanks Pac-Man for fixing the board issue. Looks like I'm all set. I will have some progress updates soon. I got my a/c delete box installed and that turned out sweet. I had some engine troubles which took me down a couple months. I had 6 lifters fall apart on me shortly after the Indiana event. That was fun, but it's running again with new better lifters. Luckily the cam wasn't damaged.

I too think it's a real shame about boards now. You won't find me on Facebook. You have to come to this board to see what I've been up to.

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello to all!

Nice to see a few people here I've actually met :)

No Facebook for me...

Last August a tow truck pulled out in front of me (not in Kitt), and totaled my car... 3 herniated discs, etc...

Anywho, I was driving home to start my 1 week vacation when all this BS happened...

So the work I planned for Kitt stopped...

Since then, I've done a few things, busted into the headlight harness so I could run switches from the center console to control them...
And just today, I ordered a UMI Short Stick for my Pro 5.0 shifter (which already is a nice piece)...

I'm headed tomorrow to Seattle for a bit over a week, and hope to start working and moving forward on Kitt when I get back...

Raf

Return to “General Discussion”