The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.
Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Re: Knight Rider Replica Map

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:59 am

kitt28 wrote:well I just put mine on the Knight Rider Replica Map, awaiting the Admin to accept it :D

PM sent. :)
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 am

I just noticed that I did not make this clear in my guidelines post, so I have added the following information to the original instructions:

* * * Please note that the items in Red are required for approval * * *

Entry Name: Your board username & your real first name like this: Pac-Man (Jonathan)
If you do not feel comfortable listing your real name that can be omitted.

City, Postal Code, Country, State: The city level location of your replica. You can also use the Map Select a location button or Latitude, Longitude option, but I recommend just filling in the information for best results.

Description: A description of your replica. This should include the type of replica, donor car information and status. Status examples could be Restoration, In Progress, Completed, etc.

We are starting to get traffic to the map from outside the board. :)
This is a great, but I need to find a way to better filter the listings. Requiring that all additions at least have those three items will help a great deal.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Postby scatpack » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 am

I'll add mine when i am on my laptop.

Postby kitt28 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Im I the only one that has a replica in Louisiana?
{Dustin}

Postby scatpack » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:42 pm

I messed up one I sent. the second one has a photo.

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm

scatpack wrote:I messed up one I sent. the second one has a photo.

Approved. Thanks Danny!

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:25 am

I have a couple of ideas for the map that I wanted some feedback on...

First, I was thinking about creating an additional icon or map marker for Knight Rider conventions/gatherings. That way the various clubs and organizers that have events can get them on the map and even include event details and pictures or logos.

My second idea, and this may be too far out there, was to create another map marker for known Knight Rider locations from the show. We could have the locations of things like the Comtron Building, the Knight Estate or even the location of the opening desert shot. I thought this would be fun way for us all to collaborate.

These would all be on the same map, or I could make separate maps for each. Please let me know what you guys think.

Postby Generallee01kitt2k » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

Just seen this and added mine.. I'm another one for NC.

1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee"
1992 Firebird "Kitt"
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T

Top Contributor

Re: The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

I have upgraded the Knight Rider Replica Map to.....

Have a Knight Rider replica or wondering if others in your area might? Would you like to see where the closest Knight Rider convention or club is? How about being able to pinpoint shooting locations from the show? This map has it all!

This map displays the locations of Knight Rider replicas. These can be, but are not limited to, the Knight Industries Two Thousand (K.I.T.T. or KITT), the Knight Automated Roving Robot (K.A.R.R. or KARR), the F.L.A.G. Mobile Unit, Goliath, the Knight Industries Three Thousand (K.I.T.T. or KITT) or the Knight Industries Four Thousand (K.I.F.T. or KIFT). Any and all Knight Rider related replicas in any stage of development are welcome!

Knight Rider conventions and gatherings are also shown on the map, so they will be easy to locate. You will be able to find out all the information you need to plan your next trip. This is also a great way for clubs and groups to spread the word.

There is something magical about locating or even visiting a landmark or building 30+ years after it was featured on screen in Knight Rider. With this portion of the map we hope to pinpoint as many of the filming locations as possible.

You can use the legend at the bottom of the map to filter the results to your liking.

I have updated the first post of this thread to reflect the changes.....now let's populate this thing!

Top Contributor

Re: The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby Pac-Man » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks to everyone who has helped with adding in the filming locations. The traffic on the map has gone through the roof, so people are looking at it! Thanks again everyone and let's keep those locations coming!

Return to “General Discussion”