The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.

Re: The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby Shipwreck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 am

I added mine. but forgot to add my callsign. Michael K. in Cape Coral. try to fix it when I can get to it. thanks Pac-Man!

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Shipwreck wrote:I added mine. but forgot to add my callsign. Michael K. in Cape Coral. try to fix it when I can get to it. thanks Pac-Man!

Sorry it took me so long to fix this. It is updated now.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

Postby Shipwreck » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 am

thanks Pac Much appreciated!

Postby Beagle Bill » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:52 am

Added mine yesterday, thanks, Pac-Mac for setting this up! I've also been to your blog a lot when I need a guide for working on my KITT. :)

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:56 am

Beagle Bill wrote:Added mine yesterday, thanks, Pac-Mac for setting this up! I've also been to your blog a lot when I need a guide for working on my KITT. :)

You are most welcome! I am glad you are enjoying the blog...I just wish I was working more on it than I have been...soon though. :)
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 pm

WOW! :shock: There have been entries flying in left and right lately! It is awesome. Let's keep up the great work and I apologize in advance if it takes me a bit to get the entries approved. I try to get to them as quickly as I can.

Here is where we stand:

50 Replicas

3 Convention/Groups

55 Knight Rider Filming Locations

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Introducing the New and Improved Ultimate Knight Rider Map! It's been rebuilt: better,stronger,faster!

The new map utilizes the Google Map Engine (free version) directly so that we are not limited by the options available with ZeeMaps. I have been able to customize the forms so they are tailored more towards each type of entry. The replicas, for example, have new fields added for replica type, status, inspiration etc. You also have the ability to add as many pictures as you would like, so it can be a mini gallery or showcase for our cars. There are links for web sites, Facebook, Google+, YouTube. You can even embed a YouTube videos right in your entry!

I have moved all of the existing replica and convention/group entries over from the old map, but I am still in the process of moving the Knight Rider Location entries. There were a lot of duplicates in this category due to the nature in which they were submitted. I am taking my time and going through these slowly. If anyone wants to help with this process they have to be entered manually, so feel free to reference the old map and copy a few over using the new form.

If I could ask a favor of everyone, would you please check your existing replica entries on the new map and make sure they are current and correct? If you need to add or change something just use the form to update your entry.

Feedback is always welcome! Thanks and enjoy the new map!

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I have finished moving all of the filming locations from old map over to the new map. There have also been quite a few new submissions for filming locations. We have just under 300 now!

If I could ask a huge favor of anyone that can spare some time. Knight Rider Online has a locations thread and there are hundreds of locations listed there that I am sure we do not have on the map. I don't have the time to go through them all but if anyone could spare a little of their time to do a few episodes worth...we could knock it out in no time!

The board has them broken down by episode, so if you would like to help...just reply here with the episode or episodes you will be working on.

Thanks guys for your help!

Postby Dozer789 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:28 am

Hey pac-man, I would be interested in adding the locations. I'm not totally sure how to go about it.
I'm guessing just go to your website, and then submit a location?

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

That would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

The easiest way is to first search the current map for what you are wanting to add. Just to make sure that it is not already listed there. If it is not just use the form at the bottom of the page here to add it. Latitude and Longitude or just a street address is fine. Let me know if you have any issues. They are reviewed before they are added, so if you do not see it on the map right away...just know it will be added soon. Thank again!

Return to “General Discussion”