Who's scanner electronics do you all have?

Open forum to discuss anything Knight Rider related that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.

Re: Who's scanner electronics do you all have?

Postby DaRKSLaiN » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Of course...

- Sound Pops: "Swhoosh Swhoosh *POP* - Swhoosh Swhoosh *POP* -" on the Scanner Sound Loop.
- Remote control battery drain and problems in operating it.
- When you change the trailing effect setup (button 3) if you have sound lowered on volume you will notice that the sample sound is NOT playing correctly.
- When you do the Start, always one bulb stays lighted after "One lights on" effect
- The intensity of the last bulbs should be less.

...Missing adjustable intensity (not speed) of the bulbs to make pics at night without getting "FLASHED", it's very powerful.

Overall, i will still have this one, i like all his options and i have upgraded it with another remote to reach more lenght.

Just my 2cents.

Postby Phoenix Knight » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:54 pm

How recent was your purchase on this unit?

Postby jasper1978 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 am

sounds like you have the led one, I have the halogen one. which I quit like, but indeed that annoying popping sound just before the swoosh.
I was hoping someone would have a quick fix for that...

Postby optimuspatrick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 pm

DaRKSLaiN wrote:Of course...

- Sound Pops: "Swhoosh Swhoosh *POP* - Swhoosh Swhoosh *POP* -" on the Scanner Sound Loop.
- Remote control battery drain and problems in operating it.
- When you change the trailing effect setup (button 3) if you have sound lowered on volume you will notice that the sample sound is NOT playing correctly.
- When you do the Start, always one bulb stays lighted after "One lights on" effect
- The intensity of the last bulbs should be less.

...Missing adjustable intensity (not speed) of the bulbs to make pics at night without getting "FLASHED", it's very powerful.

Overall, i will still have this one, i like all his options and i have upgraded it with another remote to reach more lenght.

Just my 2cents.

I have same scanner, and same bugs.
I am happy with it, because I don't using sound or remote control.

Postby Kevin Knight » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I currently have a MCK scanner for sale. I absolutely LOVED it, and the trail. But for uber authentic anal elitists like myself, the scanner on my car is an empty Joe Huth original.

KK
The Prodigal Son of the Knight Rider replica hobby.

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby ripperace » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 am

I've had two of Brenon's units thus far. The first one never got installed, and somebody bought it from me on eBay when I sold it. This was six years ago maybe? So I'm not sure what generation it was. It worked flawlessly. Trust me, It lived out of the box it came in more than it was in the closet waiting to get installed. That's why I bought another one from him. I haven't had this one hooked up yet, so I don't know if mine will face similar "bugs" that you guys are experiencing, but it's also a halogen scanner. Don't know if that means anything different or not.

Up close, I've seen Mark's, Don's, Brenon's and Sid's. All do what they are supposed to, make the lights run back and forth in front of the car. I've seen a friend have one built out of relays too running 1156 bulbs. All in all, the guy with the one running relays has the most authentic "KITT look" to it. Not blindingly bright, but bright enough that you can see it in the daytime, and it really plays the part well at night. Construction wise, Mark's, Don's, and Brenon's all have a leg up on construction of the bars themselves and the control units as well. I haven't seen a Joe Huth bar in person I don't think (hell I might have and didn't realize it or remember, LOL!), but I like the idea of making the lens appear not so huge, and will probably modify my bar as my friend did with his to make it more like the "Joe bar."

Ripper

Postby Shipwreck » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:50 am

I had an MCK for a while, but working in the car now is a 32 LED from Sid

Postby blueshield6630 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:11 am

I had Brenons halogen with remote and sound. I loved it! My progress on my car was slow and still in a rut and I decided to sell it a few years ago on another board. I DO regret selling it, it was built superbly and worked flawlessly. Unable to afford a new bar again, I bought a 32 LED (4 led's in a diamond pattern in each pod) from Sid, under $300. He was very helpful and kept me updated with pics of the progress. Sid's bar does not have a remote or sound, but looks very close to halogen when lit and bright in the day and killer at night. To me it serves it's purpose as my car will never be 100% screen accurate anyway. I just want it to be immediately recognied as KITT. Most people that see it do not know all the little details of trailing effect, halogen vs. led anyway. For me it looks cool and works. With that being said, if money was no object I would have ordered another halogen from Brenon.

This is my Sid scanner on "Multi Scan" it gives it a better trail effect. On regular scan, one bulb scans back and forth.

Postby jasper1978 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 pm

if you want remote, i can recommend an remote switch. theyre a few bucks on ebay and do the job perfectly. if needed you could also have a playing swoosh sound via remote through a relais.

Return to “General Discussion”