My 86 KITT replica

Buy, Sell or Trade your Knight Rider or 3rd gen Firebird/Trans Am parts here!

My 86 KITT replica

Postby 83kitt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 pm

20150724_162255.jpg
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've last been on here and my visit today is without pleasure as I'm having to sell my beloved KITT.
I've had my car for about 3 years now and it's been a pleasure to drive and convert. So, here's the specs and what you'll get....

86 Firebird (V6 base package)
Turbo Hood and Stock Hood
NIB front fenders
Fender vents with NOS (in box) vent inserts
Sid 32 LED Scanner
2nd Gen 15 inch Turbo wheels with Bowling Ball caps and new tires
82-84 Tail lights
82-84 rear bumper
82-84 Lower Console
4th season nose (not sure who's but it's not the greatest, got it second hand)
Knight Inspirations 4th season dash
Knight Inspirations 4th season lower console
Knight Inspirations Gulwing Steering wheel
Knight Inspirations Switchpod
Hawks interior kit which includes EVERYTHING!!!!!! (carpet, door panels, headliner, sun visors, sail panels, like I said, EVERYTHING)
PMD Seats that have already been reupholstered and are in GREAT shape!!!
I have an upper console but I'm not sure who made it. (Got it second hand)
Complete 4th season dash electronics by Joe Sorensen with overlays (have never been used)
Jupiter Electronics lighted push button set for the upper console
Jupiter Electronics upper console lights (red)
Jupiter Electronics Switchpod electronics
I have a fairly cheap countdown that works but it's not the prettiest.
I feel like I'm forgetting something else.....

The body is straight with 109,XXX miles on it, doors don't sag and shut wonderfully.
The car does have a few minor issues with it:
Driver's side of the t-tops leak (near the rear and up toward the windshield) - there's a new T-bar to replace the one currently installed to the car, but a new set of weather seals will likely be required.
The transmission shifts but there is a high idle and a long shift - likely the vacuum lines.
The Turbo Hood needs some bodywork from hail damage.

I'm asking $7000 OBO!!
Just make an offer and we can go from there.
I really don't want to sell it and if I can figure something out within the next day or two, I'll keep it.
20150724_162255.jpg

Re: My 86 KITT replica

Postby miamivice » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:02 pm

What a great deal for someone!

If your interior parts were season 1/2, I would be all over this!!

Postby 83kitt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Okay, so, I've decided to sell it all anyway minus the turbo hood. Was priced at $7000, now priced at $Make Offer.

Postby moshrover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:50 pm

pm sent, no reply.

Postby kitt1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Because it was posted Fri Jul 24, 2015.

Postby moshrover » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:56 pm

this is not a reason for no reply. i can only assume you have no experience selling automobiles or parts for which can be for sale for well over a year. i was posting as there is no "sold" post. Do you know this gentlemen? is it sold? or did something else happen with him. The post of "because it was" is pretty lame per the above reason. this is a sale thread so i was responding to it, if i did not hear any reply to it i would assume (as any reasonable person would) that they had moved on.

Postby kitt1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:52 pm

moshrover,
Since you only have 4 posts here, I can only assume you have no experience in the Knight Rider conversion hobby. If you look, I have 194 posts on this forum alone. I have been involved in the hobby from day one. Ask ANYBODY in the hobby. Oh, and yes, I have plenty of experience selling automobiles AND parts. Again, ask ANYBODY in the hobby.

As for my comment, from plenty of experience in this hobby, I know for a fact that 83kitt has sold that car, another car, and all his KR parts. I know this because I know who he sold it all to. You might also want to read this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1104

By the way, in my experience in this hobby, I have rarely seen anyone post SOLD on their FOR SALE threads. Most people contact sellers via PMs or email.

After reading your comment, "The post of "because it was" is pretty lame per the above reason." All I can say is WOW!

I sir am the person that made that "lame post". If you had any experience or knowledge of me or this hobby, you would know that I do not make posts without the facts to back them up. I assume by your comments that you are looking for a project car to convert to KITT/KARR. I wish you all the luck in your search and in completing your project. It's sometimes a rough hobby and definitely an expensive hobby. Maybe you should post a thread that you are searching for a car and details of what you want the car to include. There are also a number of KR Facebook groups that people post ads on.

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA

moshrover wrote:this is not a reason for no reply. i can only assume you have no experience selling automobiles or parts for which can be for sale for well over a year. i was posting as there is no "sold" post. Do you know this gentlemen? is it sold? or did something else happen with him. The post of "because it was" is pretty lame per the above reason. this is a sale thread so i was responding to it, if i did not hear any reply to it i would assume (as any reasonable person would) that they had moved on.

Postby moshrover » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:18 pm

well sir, i do have a number of years in the auto (and parts) selling area and a post of "well its from a year ago" still means nothing.

As for posts, just because you have a number of posts really to me does not mean much. My low post count does not mean i am not in the "hobby" just as much as you. Reading up and learning is all part of it. I just do not jump in on all posts.

I am not looking for a car, a was PMing the person about certain parts, i already have a completely rust free '84 TA which is a perfect starting point.

Thank you for the update on these specific parts, this should have been in your original post as that would have been more informational. i was giving the OP the opportunity to reply to my post. If he would not have then no harm no foul that would have been it.

I do hope we can meet sometime and discuss the hobby and how we all can make it better!

Postby kitt1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 pm

moshrover,
That's great that you already have a car. That's the first big step. What season/version of KITT are you planning to do? I'm a second season man myself. With recent developments in the hobby, some parts are getting harder to find. You can post a PARTS WANTED ad here or on most any of the Facebook KR groups, including mine, SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. https://www.facebook.com/groups/103388956515871/

As for meeting up in person, the best place to catch me is at my event SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com/ Or if you're planning on being in the Atlanta, Georgia area, hit me up.

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA

moshrover wrote:well sir, i do have a number of years in the auto (and parts) selling area and a post of "well its from a year ago" still means nothing.

As for posts, just because you have a number of posts really to me does not mean much. My low post count does not mean i am not in the "hobby" just as much as you. Reading up and learning is all part of it. I just do not jump in on all posts.

I am not looking for a car, a was PMing the person about certain parts, i already have a completely rust free '84 TA which is a perfect starting point.

Thank you for the update on these specific parts, this should have been in your original post as that would have been more informational. i was giving the OP the opportunity to reply to my post. If he would not have then no harm no foul that would have been it.

I do hope we can meet sometime and discuss the hobby and how we all can make it better!

Postby moshrover » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Mark,

I do completely agree with you as i am a "second season" man myself. although my upper console is more season 3 (i did not like the buttons for season 2).

I do already have 14" rims (i like the more tire look) and the seats (dont ask about that issue). i still have to get everything recovered though.

I appreciate the info on knights atlanta (looks like i missed it this year). i do hope to make it to one as i like to learn from people that have already been through it.

I hope to meet you at some point. i think experience is something not to waste.

i do hope to gain more experience with all this and would think my experiences can help someone else.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade”