Build questions

Scanners not scanning? Boosters not boosting? Fuel pump not pumping? Ask for help for any conversion issue you are having here!

Build questions

Postby kleist » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:55 am

Now that my conversion build is progressing a couple of questions have arisen with my body shop.

1. Has anyone had problems with overheating from the nose or do you make a piece that will allow air to vent to the engine/radiator?

2. Fog lights. I want 4 two on each side for season 2/3 nose. Do you make them flush to nose or regressed and allow them to be adjusted for proper aiming?

Top Contributor
Donator: Yes

Re: Build questions

Postby Rafael » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 am

I thought the "opening" for the fog lights in the KR nose was enough to keep engine cool, it's not.
Use the factory air dam, that works. (Plastic rectangle that mounts below radiator)

I mounted my fog lights to the metal bumper inside (not flush) with KR openings...
They are more recessed and less noticeable...
I personally don't like 6 (3 per side) and they should be subtle, as you just notice them, not big out front like a big smile / white teeth...
Again, to each his own...

Like I did on my car...

Top Contributor

Postby Pac-Man » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 am

I agree with what Rafael said. I will have mine mounted to the metal bumper behind the nose. That way they can be adjusted and will not stand out from the front. I am using 4th gen Camaro headlights fro mine. The mounting brackets for those will naturally keep with the angle of the front nose.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:15 pm

The lights I used are 2x6.... so on the smaller side...
Just to be aware, if you want that look...
Of course, anything bigger, will look bigger....

Postby cjaguar265 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:48 am

suscribed

Return to “Ask an Expert”