Jupiter S4 Compass Question

Scanners not scanning? Boosters not boosting? Fuel pump not pumping? Ask for help for any conversion issue you are having here!

Jupiter S4 Compass Question

Postby IndianaKnight » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm doing my wiring diagrams and building my wiring harnesses for my dash. I have the Jupiter compass board with the functional compass but it still has connections for the left amd right turn signals and reverse. Does anyone know how the functional compass reacts to inputs on those terminals? The directions aren't really clear.

Donator: Yes

Re: Jupiter S4 Compass Question

Postby stillgrowingup » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:20 am

Can you post, or send me, the diagram that you have? I may be able to help you.
Tony

Postby IndianaKnight » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

It's not the wiring that I have a problem with. The instructions are pretty clear on how to wire it, but the wiring for the non-functional compass is the same as the wiring block for the functional compass board. I'm just not sure how the compass will react when I give it an input on the left turn signal terminal, for example. Will the turn signal over ride the compass display?

I guess I'll just find out in a couple weeks when I get it all plugged in and fire it up.

Postby stillgrowingup » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Do you have 12v desktop power supply to test the board with before you place it in the vehicle?

2 things you want to comfirm.
1 ... what input does the compass need to respond to those signals. 12v or ground.

2 ... what is signal in the car, at the cluster, that you'll be tapping into for the compass?

If memory serves me correctly. Your dash signals are 12v when active. What is the compass calling for.

Tony

How are you connecting the power distribution your dash electronics?
I ask cause I have built a module that acts as a power distribution center that is fused at 10 amps. It ties into the kitt voice box and activates the dash AFTER the count up sequence is complete. Like in the show. ... info can be found in the merchandise section of this forum. I current have 2 ready for immediate shipping.

Top Contributor

Postby Rafael » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:57 am

From what I recall many years ago, it will flash the West / East with Left Right turn signal....

I do remember it does not smooth scroll (unless he changed it up since).

Rafael

Return to “Ask an Expert”