Stock Console Wiring Diagram

Scanners not scanning? Boosters not boosting? Fuel pump not pumping? Ask for help for any conversion issue you are having here!

Stock Console Wiring Diagram

Postby 1985transam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an 85 and 82 Trans Am that show the console wiring. I have both diagrams but the console wiring isn't there.

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Re: Stock Console Wiring Diagram

Postby Pac-Man » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:00 pm

"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby 1985transam » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Thank you, I got it figured out and console is in and complete. Only problem is one of my brand new and I use this term loosely(lol) power window buttons doesn't seem to work right. It sticks in both up and down position. Funny thing is when you pop the button back up through the console it works right. I haven't figured this out yet, but working on it.

Top Contributor

Donator: Yes

Postby Pac-Man » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:16 am

I had this same problem with the power window switches in my Fiero, which uses the same switch style. It turned out that the new switches were slightly wider than the cutout on the trim fascia. It was rubbing on one side. It did not look like it was until you examined it real close. I was able to detach the switch and then hold it to the opposite side while I tightened the mounting screws back down. This resolved the problem. I know that the Firebird switches mount different, but look close and see if it is the same problem. If it is and you cannot physically adjust it, you might be able to use a light grease on that side too to alleviate the sticking. Something like lithium grease...or even silicone.
"No one ever suggested that what we do is easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is." - Devon Miles

Project: K.I.T.T.
..:: Blog | Google+ | YouTube ::..

The Ultimate Knight Rider Map

Postby 1985transam » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Hey thanks Pac-Man. I will try that.

Return to “Ask an Expert”