April 29, 2017: Knight Rider Picture Car Reunion - Pre-Register Now!

Have an upcoming Knight Rider event? Post the details here!
Donator: Yes

April 29, 2017: Knight Rider Picture Car Reunion - Pre-Register Now!

Postby firebirdta84 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:41 am

Mark your calendars! The Knight Rider Historians, in cooperation with the Kruse Automotive & Carriage Museum, are hosting a once-in-a-lifetime event – a screen used K.I.T.T. reunion! Join us on Saturday, April 29th at the Kruse Museum in Auburn, Indiana, where 3 of the remaining 5 original Trans Ams, used as K.I.T.T. in the 1980’s television series “Knight Rider”, will be on display. The last time these 3 cars were together was on the set of “Knight Rider” in California in 1986! Come and mingle with fellow “Knight Rider” fans and learn the detailed histories of each of these cars – how they were procured, how they were used in the series, what happened to them since the show ended, and more. In attendance will be Michael Scheffe, the man hand-picked by “Knight Rider” series creator Glen A. Larson, to build the original K.I.T.T. cars in 1982. Two of the three cars at this event are the cars that Michael ACTUALLY built 35 years ago! We are also working on a potential second special guest – stay tuned!

Our event will be housed in the Kruse Hall, a huge, 30,000 square foot room off the side of the museum. If you have a completed replica, or a nice stock Trans Am, please bring it for display in the hall alongside the original cars!

Beyond housing one of the original K.I.T.T. cars, the Kruse Museum is also home to hundreds of other historical and Hollywood related vehicles, to include a General Lee from “The Dukes of Hazzard”, the van from “The A-Team”, the Batmobile from “Batman Returns”, a Mustang K.I.T.T. from the 2008 “Knight Rider” series, and more! A separate wing houses an impressive military museum as well. Be sure to take the time to check out the museum’s other offerings!

We envision this one day event to be very casual with not much of an agenda, outside of our special guests talking about the cars and the show. More details to come on this!

The admission cost to this event is $75. This fee will help us to cover airfare and hotel costs for our special guests, as well as the hall rental. If we get enough people to register, we will add more special guests. Please let us know if you plan to bring a car, so we can reserve a space for you.

Pay your registration fee by January 15, 2017 to be entered into a drawing to win one of two special prizes - 10 yards of our screen accurate Parella cloth for your Knight Rider replica, or a screen accurate scanner bar with red lens (no electronics, just the bar)! 2 winners drawn at random!

Payment can be made via PayPal using this address: KnightRiderHistorians@gmail.com. Please submit your payment as Friends & Family to avoid any fees.

Please Note! EVERYONE, and we mean EVERYONE, is welcome to come to this event. Please SHARE this with the Knight Rider community!

There are plenty of restaurants and hotels only a few minutes from the museum. We recommend the Comfort Suites, 1137 15th St, Auburn, IN 46706. If you are flying, your destination should be the Fort Wayne International Airport, which is only a 30 minute drive from the museum.

We also need some volunteers to pick up our special guests at the airport, and possibly to bring/set up audio/video equipment. Contact us privately if you think you’d be able to help with either of these.

Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance!

Link to Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/667426960095047/

Re: April 29, 2017: Knight Rider Picture Car Reunion - Pre-Register Now!

Postby IndianaKnight » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 pm

I went in the Kruse museum for the first time a few weeks ago. I drove by it today and thought about when I was going to go back. To have a chance to bring my S4 replica to an actual event there is truly exciting!

I'll be there and will help in any way I can. How many people do I need to have before I can get a group rate? I'm joking..... kinda.

This made my day!

Donator: Yes

Postby firebirdta84 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:45 am

Great! Be sure to pre-register before January 15th to be in the running for some Knight Rider giveaways!

How many people do you plan on bringing? Maybe we can work out a little bit of a deal if it's more than a couple ;)

Email us to discuss! KnightRiderHistorians@gmail.com

Postby KentuckyKITT » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:13 am

I'll be there with KITT! I am very much looking forward to this! Thanks Knight Rider Historians!

Postby IndianaKnight » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm

I went ahead and registered 2 just now. I'll have to figure out how many more I might have and get with you later.

Postby KittCARR » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here:). I'll be attending this amazing event. Really looking forward too meeting some KR fans face to face finally.

Joey.
1982 Trans am. 4th season replica.

Postby IndianaKnight » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm

I still haven't received a confirmation email or anything since registering. Has anyone? Just want to make sure my spots were saved.

Chad

Postby IndianaKnight » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:39 pm

So who's else is going and who is bringing a replica or car of any kind? The forecast says it will most likely rain. That's kind of got me bummed out.

Postby luvKITT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 pm

As far as I know there will be several replicas there. Danny's and Bryan's and a few others. I know of one guy that was going to bring his and he had to cancel, electrical issues with his car and he got a bad case of poison sumac. They are calling for rain 90% to 100% on Saturday which stinks I hope it doesn't rain the whole time.
Julie

Return to “Events”